Your must-read today: Joshua Foust has compiled a master list of the deeply abnormal actions by the incoming administration.
- Using your Presidential transition website to promote your own business properties is not normal.
- Calling for millions of federal employees to sign nondisclosure agreements apart from standard government forms is not normal.
- Blasting journalists with product placements for the labels your child, who is on your transition team, is wearing is not normal.
- Having a wide range of senior figures in your own political party distance themselves from your transition team, citing the profound irregularity of it and worrying about future ugliness, is not normal.
- Placing your children in charge of your business empire, then placing them on your transition team, then seeking top secret security clearances for them, is not normal. The conflicts of interest that this represents are almost too many to count, but at a basic level: you do not give someone with a financial interest to work against U.S. policy access to sensitive information — at all, ever.
I am going on record: these people appear unable to form a government and I suspect they might not.
And this election was not normal in any sense.